Bluestem Energy Solutions is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to support the Investment Analytics group. This group supports project valuation, risk management, and investment decisions throughout the wind, solar, and storage development lifecycle. This role will provide an opportunity to gain experience in renewable development, project finance, corporate finance & capital markets, and data analytics in an exciting, high-growth start-up environment with a leading national renewable energy developer.
Work location: Omaha
The Associate or Analyst will support the Investment Analytics group through functions including:
- Renewable asset valuation and project finance modeling
- Portfolio valuation and development pipeline analysis
- Development of investment recommendation memos evaluating project risk & return profiles
- Development of analytics tools including financial models, process improvements, and reporting metrics
- Market research, competitive analysis, and new market entry strategy
- Transaction support for project financing and asset acquisitions & sales
- Capital markets and strategic financial planning & analysis
This is a highly visible role with an opportunity to learn new skills, and rapidly develop a career in the renewable energy sector.
- BA/BS degree, Economics, Finance, or Business-focused major a plus
- 1 – 2 years (2 – 4 years for Associate) finance experience preferred, but not required (investment banking, project finance, or corporate M&A experience is a plus).
- Renewable energy experience a plus
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and accountability
- Organized, diligent, and able to manage multiple streams of information on an ongoing basis
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills, and demonstrated skill working with unstructured datasets
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Performing other duties as required and assigned
- Normally works in a general office environment with the use of computer, printer, telephone, copier, fax, and calculator. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.